One-pan chicken and vegetable healthy dinner
Seasoned with roasted garlic and parmesan, this healthy dinner cooks on a single sheet pan.
450g boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1cm pieces
2tsp dried oregano
1tbsp dried parsley
1/2tsp each of onion and garlic powder
Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
5tbsp olive oil
1/22tbsp chopped fresh garlic
1 cup baby carrots sliced lengthways
250g sliced baby potatoes
1 head of chopped broccoli
1 roughly chopped large onion
- In a small bowl, mix all the dry herbs and seasonings, plus salt and pepper. Take half the mix, combine with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice, and zest in another bowl. Toss the chicken in olive oil and seasoning mix and marinate in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the carrots, potatoes and onions on the pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and all the remaining spice seasoning mix apart from 1 teaspoon. Mix together and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the veggies and add the broccoli and chopped garlic, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and the teaspoon of seasoning mix. Push the veggies to one side of the tray.
- On the other half of the tray, add the chicken. Make sure the pieces are separated to cook easily. Cook the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes until fully done.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with freshly grated Parmesan.